The bag simply says - "How 'Bout A Burrito?"
Bring in this bag by March 21st and we'll fill it with one of our giant, gourmet burritos FREE!
Looks like Chipotle is doing this in select markets across the country. A quick Google search showed that they recently did this in the Dayton, OH and Phoenix, AZ markets. Possibly a new market research study?
This is great marketing for so many reasons:
- It had to be cheap - small lunch size brown paper bags (for 32 packs of 500 it only cost $12.60 each through Fetpak Inc.)
- Printing in black ink is very inexpensive
- Visitors getting a free burrito will most likely purchase other items - drink, chips and guac, or other food entrees
- Creates awareness for Chipotle
- Putting brown bag in paper is cheaper than paying a mail house to deliver promotional piece
Office Max is another brown bag marketer offering 15% off of everything in the larger brown shopping bag in the past.
The amazing realization for me though was when I pulled the bag out of the paper I immediately knew it was Chipotle even though the Chipotle logo was hidden by the fold in the bag. Now that is great brand recognition!
Hope you found yours in the paper before you threw it in the recycling pile. Enjoy! All those calories don't seem as bad when you are eating for free! Hey @CherylHarrison, maybe we can use the bags when we meet for lunch this week!